Aluminum Rail Spanners are used to quickly and easily move equipment and cargo over gaps between rail cars, on flat bed trailers, or any place where cargo needs to be moved over an open space. They create a continuous driving lane which makes moving cargo or hauling loads safe and easy. Each aluminum rail spanner attaches to the surface area with a strong 2″ reinforced stub toe design, which accommodates varying deck heights, and a gusseted 3″ tapered safety kick plate to keep the ramp from sliding. The spacing between the support beams are designed to accept heavy chain and large tie-downs to prevent the spanner from shifting during operation.
Designed to meet the high standards of the U.S. Military, these spanners utilize military-grade aluminum and high quality construction. The most common rail spanner is 72” long x 24” wide with a 20,000 lb per axle per spanner weight capacity (40,000 lbs per axle per pair). The maximum rail car span distance is 48” with 12” of spanner overhang on railcar surface.
- Ideal solution for spanning rail cars, tandem truck beds, containers, and loading docks
- Made with military grade aluminum
- 20,000 lb standard capacity each (40,0000 lb per pair)
- Serrated traction cleats provide maximum traction in all weather conditions
- Reinforced 3″ tapered kick plate for safe loading
- Strong 2″ blunt end stub toe designed to accommodate varying deck heights
- Ramp support beam spacing accommodates heavy chain and tie-downs
- Built to meet U.S. Military standards
- Made in the USA
- One year warranty